Blog

Outpatients Alcohol Treatment Can Be The Best Way Forward

Julie Paarmann - Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Stop DrinkingAlthough there is no medical cure for alcoholism it is a very treatable illness and more often than not you can be treated at an outpatients alcohol treatment centre. They will not be able to give you a magic tablet to cure all but they will give you lots of help, advice and support when you need it most.

Until an alcoholic has admitted that they have a problem there is no point in getting them started on any program as studies have shown that when they have been pressured into quitting they very rarely become clean and will continue to have relapses back onto the drink.

When they have decided to quit and depending on their level of alcoholism it is always better to seek medical help and they can get this from their GP who may recommend an outpatients alcohol treatment centre.

Here they will be able to help with the terrible withdrawal symptoms that can occur, studies have shown that up to 95% of alcoholic's can experience a level of withdrawal when they have stopped drinking. The other 5%, who are usually the really heavy drinkers will experience very severe withdrawal symptoms and really should be treated in a medical facility.

It's never easy to give up any addiction by yourself so always try and tell a loved one or friend of your treatment and what you're going through. Another good way to relieve the anxiety of withdrawal is to join a support group where they have people in the same boat as you who will be going through similar anxietie
s.

Want to try Alcohol Detox At Home?